May 12, 2008

From Rebekah

¡Hola a mi familia, amigos, y iglesia! [Hello to my family, friends, and church!]

First of all, Happy Mother´s Day to the best mom in the whole world! I have to say something sentimental, even though every other mother can see this: Thank you, Mom, for all that you do and all that you are to me. I can never say thank you enough. As I get older and spread my wings (i.e.- coming to this country halfway around the world), I am realizing more and more the special connection we share.

On another, less sentimental, note . . .
I hope the computer is still working! : )

And now, a continuation of my week 1 overview. Not only are the smells unusual and the sights are amazing, but the sounds are also incredible!

Our "home-base" is peace itself. (Psalm 46- "Be still and know that I am God.") While similar to a girl´s dormitory (as far as loudness after 11 pm . . .no names mentioned except for room #5), I love the warmth and hospitality of Kairos as well as Buenos Aires.

To break the silence, our team provides the music [of life]. God has given us a bond in Christ as we minister and are ministered to. Please continue to pray for unity.

The language continues to be a barrier for most of us. Mr. Trainer jokingly wished we still had the gift of tongues. But our weakness, our inadequacies cause us to rest on Christ´s strength. He has already used us beyond what we could ask or think. Thank you for your continued support!

Sometime soon I will continue the overview of our missions trip in Buenos Aires.
But now I must press on in our busy, yet relaxing schedule!

Love, Rebekah

1 comment:

June Backhaus said...

Rebekah,
Would you please tell Bethany "hi" from her parents? We haven't seen a blog from her for several days and wonder how she is doing. She is in our thoughts and prayers. Remind her to take photos:)!
Bethany's mom