May 9, 2008

From Emily D.

Mom & Dad!

First things first. Alex is this guy I met in Argentina... just kidding. There are two Emilys on this trip and that post was from Emily Sieger. They thought I wrote it :) I'm looking foward to coming home and getting my cell phone back so I can try to fix what you have done. :) I love it here! The pace is a lot slower than in the States and people don't like to get up early so, they don't. Hmm... I think God wants me to stay here!? ;)

Dad, you would've LOVED the hospital. They let us take pictures of some of the surgeries! Not all of them turned out but I can't wait to show you the ones that did. We almost got to see a baby being born but we were a little late because she came so fast. When we got in the room the doctor was holding the baby and they hadn't even cut the cord yet. It was still amazing to see and that baby had a ton of hair! :) Mom, I have a little bit more respect for you now. :)

We went shopping yesterday and that was so much fun! I bought a soccer jersey so that made me happy. Mom, I got you something that you'll probaby like because, every girl would like what I got you :) Dad, how does a tie sound? :) They are cheap here, only about six or seven U.S. dollars.

I love you all! Tell the rest of the fam Hola for me and give the dog a scratch behind the ears. I'm sure she knows I'm gone. :)

Miss you,
Emmy

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ems,
Great to read and hear how the trip is going. Praying for you and the team.
-Jill

Jan (mom) said...

Emilita Mae Dow,
It is so incredible to us to think that you have this opportunity to serve the Lord in Argentina. The hospital sounds like it was great to see and be a part of. Is it the pictures or the surgeries that did not turn out?;) You had a thick head of black hair at birth too. Now, too much sun I guess. Babies have their own time frame. Birth is such a miracle of God. Glad to hear that Alex is in the states, Wisconsin? That mix up is pretty funny although we are happy for the clarification! It let's us catch our breath! Dad is making his famous cookies, we might even actually bake a few this time. We planted the garden today and all your favs are in, lasagna seeds were on special so we bought and planted some. When you went touring did you barter for your purchases? We love and miss you so much and are glad to see that you have not lost your sense of humor/adventure no matter what the prop. Laughter is like a medicine it does wonders. We will certainly scratch the dog for you behind her R ear. Keep serving others and grow, also, keep looking up as you never know what you may find.

Hugs and Kisses,

Your Parental Units

Dale said...

What she said.
Love,
Dad

Jan (mom) said...

Emily:

Andrew phoned to today, keep praying for him. Tim M. is here again this week and we are enjoying getting to know him. UW helicopter went down last night pilot, doc, and nurse, friends of dad's. Please pray for the EMS family during this time and dad as he speaks to his coworkers about eternity. The now famous Emily mix up has people at church talking and they are happy to read that you are still yourself with this guy in Argintina! Anxiously awaiting to have you tell us in person about your growth and experiences.

And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? IPeter 3:13

Luvs and Hugs,

Mom

Steve said...

Emily,
Got mom a mother's day card, it says "from son" so you will have to get her your own :P
Jill and I got our apartment and will be moving June 2...what are you doing around that day?
Love the picture of you in the cart.
That is all for now,

Steve

cutie said...

Hey everyone! I couldnt help but cry as i read all of your posts. I miss you guys lots and Im looking forward to seeing you all and giving you your presents. I have seen God do so much on this trip. Please keep praying for me and the team. I love you all so much. Dad, I would love some cookies right now. Mom, happy late mothers day! Steven I would love to help you guys move in. Andrew, I love you and I am praying for you. I love it here but I love home too.
Emily