May 8, 2008

From Ben

Hey everyone,

The basketball clinic was amazing. I was so nervous going into it. It was a regular club team of about 20 guys who were all pretty good. I had the opportunity to share my testimony with the coach before practice. Practice went well. We went through some drills, and the coach really appreciated it because it was reinforcing skills he had been teaching. They scrimmaged for a little while and Steve Thayer and I stopped them periodically to stop them to coach them on things that they were doing wrong or poorly. After practice, they all sat on the bleachers, and I had the opportunity to share the Gospel with the whole team. It was so scary. I have never been more frightened or intimidated in my whole life. James Greenwood, who was interpreting was a real blessing and helped me along through the whole thing. It was such an amazing opportunity. The Lord is so amazing. We are so blessed to have gotten this chance to share the Gospel.

Love you all...especially, you, Em!
Ben Flack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are having fun! We are looking forward to seeing you. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Ben, that's soooo exciting! :) I'm glad that things are going so well down there - sounds crazy, but a good crazy. I can't wait to hear all about what you guys have been doing (not that the blog isn't enuf... :) Yes, I miss you - but it's alright. :) I've been trying to talk to some people at viracon...so, if you have a spare moment, if you could pray for that, that'd be awesome! I love you! Make sure you keep focused! :) Talk to ya soon!
Love,
Em :)