May 10, 2008

From Rebekah

No, I did not die from the water... :)

Yes, I am still alive, but Argentina has consumed my entire way of thinking, the way I look at the world, at people, at people in need of a Savior.

How do I take a life-changing experience and describe it in a few short paragraphs? Is it done?

Everything is different here. If I could somehow capture the smells and bring it back to Los Estados Unidos [the United States], I would. The smell of poverty, the smell of a plentiful supply, the smell of a freshly-killed pig, and the sight of the pig's head hanging for sale. The sights are not easily captured by even the best photographers. From 9 de Julio to a home with 18 abondoned and abused chilrden, I was overcome with myriad of emotions.

Right now, I am going to the airport to pick up Dr. Budahl (not by myself :) ). I promise to write more in the next few days, and I am keeping a journal. Maybe I'll let my mom read it when I get back.

Love,
Rebekah

No comments: